Note: Some of these resources are free, and some aren’t. Please know that I have personal experience with all of the following resources, which is why I recommend them. Every writer, needs great resources. Here are some that I use and recommend. Hopefully, they’ll help you as much as they’ve helped me.
Web hosting and design
- Glowhost Need help hosting a blog or website? For as low as $4.95, you can get set up on Glowhost, the only hosting solution I recommend. Glowhost is one of the leading web hosts on the Internet, and they offer 24/7 customer service. They also help you register a domain and install WordPress, and you can get set up in minutes.
- Byet.host With over a decade of experience in web hosting, over 1,000,000 websites hosted, we are proud to introduce you to our free web hosting and premium web hosting services. All of our hosting services are packed with 100’s of features including PHP, MySQL, FTP, Email, Softaculous one click script installer, site builder and much more. I recommend this free service. this is what I use for all of my blogs.
- WordPress: This is the free blogging software that I use and recommend. It’s the best. Did I mention it was free? That link will take you to the wordpress.com where you can start a free blog, however, I recommend a hosted blog with a theme like use below. here is a tutorial to get you started.
Tiny Framework: The blog theme I use. Great for capturing emails and making the content shine.
- Genesis Framework: Great blogging theme that allows you to customize and make it your own. It’s what a LOT of the pros use.
- Pixabay: This is the resource I use every day to illustrate my blog posts with beautiful photos that don’t cost me a dime.
- Instafreebie: As the book world’s leading platform for exclusive access to sneak peeks, advance previews, and special giveaways, we live our mission every day and give readers a chance to SEE IT FIRST™.
- Mailchimp: Super easy to use and free for the first 2000 subscribers. Ideal for writers and artists who just want to share their art.
- Aweber: Has some technical advantages over Mailchimp but starts out at $19/mo and takes some getting used to. GREAT for small business owners.
- Feedburner: A free solution from Google. For many, this does the job.
- 15 key links to self publishing: here I give you the important links that I used, and currently use to self-publish my book.
- Editorr: proofreading, grammar checker, copyediting